Bonjour! Long time no see, right? As you all know by now the holidays are hard for me so I had to take a break from blogging, but I’m back! And I’m here with a review!
About two months ago I discovered (late, I know) a site called Influenster. Influenster is a site/program that sends out products in something called a VoxBox to its members, usually bloggers, vloggers and such. You fill out a survey and based on that they send out different kinds of boxes. Anyway, they send you a box full of goodies for you to promote, all for free. Of course I signed up! Who doesn’t like to try out products for FREE and talk about them? So when I returned home from vacation on Tuesday I was super thrilled to find the voxbox in my mailbox. Eek!
Above is what the box looked like when it arrived. Inside you have a description of the products, and then underneath are all of the products. Here is what I received:
- Puff Ultra Soft & Strong To Go Tissue Pack – Seeing as though my kid always seems to have a runny nose (thanks school germs!) I was actually pretty happy to receive this item!
- NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eye Shadow – This product is supposed to give off a really powerful color with a satin like finish. Ultimately it did that. It went on really smooth, no complaints there. The only thing I didn’t like was that the colors left me feeling a little washed out. I wanted to deepen the crease at least with a much darker brown, but eh, this works for a daytime look. Based on this product I would definitely purchase another trio in different colors.
- Rimmel London NEW Show Off Lip Lacquer – Based on the description it’s supposed to be “the intense rich colour of a lipstick combined with an invincibly smooth lacquer shine”. Um, yeah, no. I don’t like this product. It’s light weight and that’s nice, but that’s about it. The color is kind of meh. Not intense at all, but ok for daytime. However, 30 minutes later I feel the need to reapply right now! It’s not very moisturizing either. I would definitely not buy this product. Ever. Not even if I had to pop into CVS to grab something for a quick dinner date
- Skinny Cow Candy – So I had reached my chocolate quota for today, so I didn’t want to try these out, so I gave them to the kid. Here’s her reaction:
She approves! Score! In fact, she wanted to eat another pack. That would be a negative. I’m excited to try them out now based on her reaction.
- Ducklings Mini Rolls – It’s fancy duck tape! I have no use for this right now, but I’m kind of excited to try this out. I’ve seen people trying out different projects with this product. Duct tape has come a long way!
This was a lot of fun! Getting a surprise box in the mail for free really gets me going! How could I not love it? I think you would love it to if you’re super into social media and you like reviewing brands. Checkout the link below if you’re interested. I think the next time I do a review it will be in video form, so watch out for that!