Like most kids, the highlight of dinner for Johanna is dessert. She will eat that extra carrot, or a little more lettuce just to get to her sweet treat at the end of dinner. Her most favorite thing in the world to eat is cake. I have to say, she gets it honest. But unless I’m baking a cake for an event, or to give to a client, we don’t really have cupcakes and cakes just lying around.
Over the weekend I was browsing the web looking for a dessert to make for her when I stumbled upon the Simply Kierste website and saw the title Cake Mix Cookies. What kind of trickery is this? A cake cookie? Did they really just combine two of Johanna’s favorite things ever??? So obviously I had to try them.
And they were delicious! Sooooooo incredibly easy to make. I always like to go the simple route when trying out new foods so I just did yellow cake mix with no frills. And instead of breaking the dough up, I just spread it on the cookie sheet and cut them out after it was done baking. You have to try this! She shares different flavor combos to try on her site. Let me know if you too love cake mix cookies, and what your favorite combination is!
- Cake Mix (your choice of flavor)
- 2 eggs
- amount of oil or melted butter on cake mix box
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together, until well blended. (I prefer using melted butter, but either will work.)
- Roll into balls, and place on cookie sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper or foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Use a glass to press down the balls of dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until done.